|Publication Type:||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication:||2011|
|Authors:||C. SÎRBU, OPREA A.|
|Journal:||Turk. J. Bot.|
|Pagination:||717 - 728|
|Keywords:||Alien plants, Artemisia, cation key, chromosome numbers, identifi, Romania|
Artemisia lancea Vaniot, A. argyi H.Lév. & Vaniot, and A. lavandulaefolia DC., all native from eastern Asia, are reported as new alien taxa from Romania. A. lancea has not been recorded so far in Europe, while A. argyi and A. lavandulaefolia are naturalised in the European part of the former USSR. All 3 species were collected in the Socola railway yard in northeastern Romania; the specimens were deposited in the IASI Herbarium, at the University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Iaşi. Th eir introduction was accidental, through the rail transport from the former USSR. Th e 3 species are perennial herbs, with white, glandular punctate leaves. All of them spread clonally, by stoloniferous rhizomes; A. argyi and A. lavandulaefolia produce fertile seeds, but only barren seeds were found in A. lancea , perhaps due to fertilisation failure. Th ey grow on disturbed ground associated with railways, together with other ruderal species, most of them characteristic to the class Artemisietea vulgaris . Th e description and distribution of the species, as well as some data related to their taxonomy, biology (including seed germination and chromosome numbers), ecology (habitats, plant communities), and general uses, are given in this paper. An identifi cation key for these species and other 2 related taxa is provided.
You are here
Home » Literature » New records in the alien fl ora of Romania ( Artemisia argyi, A. lavandulaefolia ) and Europe ( A. lancea )
- Some unexpected grain aliens from the Mediterranean and South Africa in Belgium. Or yet from Australia?
- On an extraordinary collection of alien plants on dredging sludge in Bilzen-Genk (Belgium) in 2017
- Tourists as an unexpected vector for the introduction of alien plants in Belgium
- Mini symposium on aliens and invasive species
- Not every Far Eastern mugwort is Artemisia verlotiorum!
- Yet another new neglected alien Rumex in Belgium: Rumex fueginus.
- Leonurus cardiaca subsp. villosus
- Dipsacus strigosus found in Belgium and possibly overlooked
Catalogue of Neophytes in Belgium
Updated Excel Version Modifications in bold (last modified 3 June 2021)
New records in the alien fl ora of Romania ( Artemisia argyi, A. lavandulaefolia ) and Europe ( A. lancea )